Oracle Golden Gate
To succeed in today’s competitive environment, you need real-time information. This requires a platform that can unite information from disparate systems across your enterprise without compromising availability and performance. Oracle GoldenGate 11g is a high-performance software application for real-time transactional change data capture, transformation, and delivery, offering log-based bidirectional data replication. The application enables you to ensure that your critical systems are operational 24/7, and the associated data is distributed across the enterprise to optimize decision-making.
Real-time access to real-time information
Business-critical systems must offer the highest availability, ensure fast and easy access to the right data, and quickly adapt to changing business and IT demands. With transaction volume increasing at an exponential rate as more and more business processes are conducted online, many organizations need a better solution to collect and deliver immediate access to the tremendous amount of enterprise data.
Oracle GoldenGate 11g provides real-time capture, transformation, routing, and delivery of database transactions across heterogeneous systems. The software facilitates high-performance, low-impact data movement with sub-second latency to a wide variety of databases and platforms while maintaining transaction integrity.
What’s new in Oracle GoldenGate 11g release 2?
Oracle GoldenGate 11g Release 2 offers tighter integration with Oracle Database, support for additional heterogeneous systems and global deployments, improved performance, security, and flexibility. Oracle GoldenGate 11gR2 ‘s new features include:
- Integrated Capture to support all Oracle Database and Oracle Exadata compression types, as well as XML Object Relational, XML Binary data types
- Intelligent Conflict Detection and Resolution for Active-Active and Multi-Master implementations
- Expanded support for global deployments, including support for multi-byte and character set conversions
- Improved security with added support for Federal Information Protection Standard (FIPS)
- Enhanced manageability and monitoring utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Increased extensibility by taking defined actions based on an event record in the transaction log or in the Trail file.
- Expanded heterogeneity via:
- Log-based capture from IBM DB2 on i-Series (AS/400)
- Delivery to PostgreSQL
- New data types supported for Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and MySQL
- Teradata multi-byte DDL support
- IBM z/OS improved initial load performance
- Certification for near zero downtime upgrade for Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue
- Management applications
Using Oracle GoldenGate 11gR2 customers can reduce IT costs and risk, while achieving a faster time to value for operational and analytical systems. Oracle GoldenGate leverages a component-based architecture to help companies address the continuous availability and real-time integration demands of enterprise systems.