Oracle BI Foundation Suite
The Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite provides the industry’s best in class platform for business intelligence, including ad hoc query and analysis, dashboards, enterprise reporting, mobile analytics, scorecards, multidimensional OLAP, predictive analytics, on an architecturally integrated business intelligence foundation. This enabling technology for custom and packaged business intelligence applications helps organizations drive innovation, optimize operations, simplify IT, and deliver extreme performance at lower total cost of ownership.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation addresses all popular forms of reporting and analysis, available across all user interfaces, and with a common metadata model that can access traditional as well as big data sources. All components of the suite share a common user interface, common metadata, and common technology infrastructure.
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Engineered System is the world’s first engineered system specifically designed to deliver real-time high performance analysis, modeling, and planning. The Oracle BI Foundation, along with the Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database for Exalytics and Oracle Essbase, is the software foundation for Oracle Exalytics. Special enhancements for Exalytics in the Oracle BI Foundation deliver the fastest performance for the most demanding of queries to business users.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g is the central component of the suite for creating ad hoc queries, reports, business application optimized data visualizations, and interactive dashboards. OBIEE features a Common Enterprise Information Model for centralized metadata management, common query request generation and data access across relational, multi-dimensional (for example, Oracle Essbase), big data sources (Hadoop), and a rich spectrum of visualization, collaboration, and search features (using the Oracle Endeca Server or Oracle Secure Enterprise Search).
- Oracle Essbase is the market leading OLAP server for forward-looking analysis. Featuring an advanced calculation engine, multi-user write back capabilities, and flexible data storage options, Oracle Essbase is ideal for scenario modeling, forecasting and planning, management reporting, and profitability analysis and can be imported and modeled in the Oracle BI physical repository. Essbase on Oracle Exalytics features a number of optimizations to leverage the in-memory capabilities of Exalytics, including improvements to overall storage layer performance, enhancements to parallel operations, enhanced MDX syntax and a high performance MDX query engine.
- Oracle Essbase Analytics Link enables the delivery of effective management and financial analytic reporting to a broad user community by facilitating the real-time or on-demand transfer of financial information from Oracle Hyperion Financial Management to Oracle Essbase.
- Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management helps organizations set strategic goals and objectives that can be cascaded to every level of the organization, and linked to key performance indicators so that performance can be measured, tracked, and managed.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher 11g is the industry‘s most scalable and easy to use solution for delivering high fidelity, pixel perfect reports in multiple formats. Users can interactively create and modify web-based reports from a 100% thin client browser interface, as well as design and publish high volume reports using popular desktop tools.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile allows users to view and interact with their analytics content in a touch-optimized manner while on the go or while offline, in a secure manner. All analytic content - like analyses, dashboards, reports, scorecards – are available in Oracle BI Mobile, optimized for touch and gestural interactions.
- Office Integration. The Oracle Smart View add-in allows users to import analyses and dashboards into their Office documents, as well as create analyses directly from Excel and save these to the Oracle BI catalog. Users can also use the Oracle BI data in Smart View to use with other Smart View providers like Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, and Oracle Hyperion Disclosure Management.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation delivers the widest range of reporting and analysis capabilities on a single, integrated technology foundation. Metadata for source systems – including structured and unstructured data, as well as big data sources, business logic, and presentation access is centrally managed in a Common Enterprise Information Model. This semantic model promotes self-service business intelligence by insulating business users from having to understand where source data resides or how it‘s structured. Because all data sources, calculations, metrics, and definitions are managed in a single, centralized model, users are guaranteed that information is consistent and accurate, regardless of where it is surfaced.
All tools within Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation share common services for security, query request generation, data access, clustering, and system management. A unified, task-oriented interface makes it easy for end users to focus on finding the insights and answers they need, without having to choose which BI tool to use.
Oracle provides the widest spectrum of scalable, elastic deployment models for the Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, including the Oracle Exalytics In-Memory engineered system for extreme performance, on-premise, cloud, or a hybrid model.